Frequently Asked Questions
Common Parent and Player Questions
Force Academy runs tryouts at difference points throughout the year. To request a tryout, please email email@example.com with the following required information:
- Player Name
- Preferred Position
- Previous Experience (Including Team History)
- Fitness Level
- Parent Name and Phone Number
The administrative team will review your request and contact you within 24-48 hours. You will be provided with available opportunities for your child to meet with the coach, the team, and attend up to three practices for assessment.
Upon completion of the review by the respective coach, the player will be provided with an assessment of their skills, strengths, and areas for improvement.
In the instance that the player is accepted, they will be invited to join the team as a competitive or development player.
The spring/summer season runs from the beginning of May until the end of September.
The Fall/Winter season starts at the beginning of October and runs until the end of April.
The specific days and times vary for each age group and team during both the spring/summer and fall/winter seasons.
During the outdoor season, all training practices will be held in Burlington.
- Tansley Woods (4100 Kilmer Drive)
- Palmer Park (3409 Palmer Drive)
- Maple Park (750 Maple Ave)
- Iroquois Park (4203 Longmoor Drive)
- Norton Community Park (3035 Tim Dobbie Drive)
- Haber Recreation Center (3040 Tim Dobbie Drive)
- City View Park (2500 Kerns Road)
- Robert Bateman High School (5151 New Street)
- Alexander Public School (2223 Sutton Drive)
During the indoor season, the majority of training practices will be held in Burlington. With some practices being held in nearby locations.
- Fieldhouse Athletics (5230 Harvester Road)
Please note that as per the policy and procedures, failure to wear your proper uniforms will lead to training and game suspensions.
Each player is required to have the following:
- Two (2) sets of game uniforms (one white and one black). These are purchased separately from academy registration fees.
- One (1) training uniform (black), which can be purchased separately from academy registration fees.
Training & Game Requirements
- Shin guards covered with socks are required for a player to be permitted on the pitch for any Force Academy directed programs.
- Cleats: Soccer cleats are required for all outdoor (and indoor turf) Force Academy field events, including tryouts
- Indoor Shoes: During the fall/winter season, clean footwear are required.
- Accessories: All accessories, including jewelry, watches, bracelets, and glasses must be removed for all Force Academy practices and games. Earrings that can not be removed must be taped.
- Sport Glasses: These are permitted provided they are secured to the head with a strap.
Game Day Checklist
- Both home (black) and away (white) uniforms with jersey, socks, and shorts.
- Shin guards
- Cleats or indoor shoes
- Plenty of water, regardless of the weather and indoor or outdoor play
- Sunscreen and insect repellent when playing outdoors
There is branded Force Academy clothing available for players and supporters through our uniform supplier, Puma. These items are available through our store.
All soccer games are played in the rain. If it is raining please proceed to your game. Only Referees (for U7+) or field conveners can make a decision to cancel games at the field at game time. If fields are closed by the town or local authority, Force Academy will notify coaches and publish updates on TeamSnap.
Force Soccer Academy uses a mobile and web application called PowerUp to handle all scheduling, communication, etc. for our competitive and development teams.
Upon successful registration for a team, you will be able to view:
- Practice and game schedules
- Team rosters, including contact information for coaches and managers
- Messages, chat and news
Note: There are some features that are only accessible from the website. Including updating player profile information like adding Ontario Soccer numbers, etc.
As an inclusive soccer club, Force Academy is built on the foundation of good sportsmanship towards our teammates and other teams, and the importance of players and parents having positive and supportive attitudes.
We encourage our older players to explore opportunities to achieve coaching and referee qualifications that can lead to paid opportunities and volunteer hours that meet high school requirements.
We also encourage and support off-field team building activities.