Frequenty Asked Questions
We offer tryouts throughout the year. If you’re interested in joining Force Academy please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information and a few details about your child. The information required is:
- Player name
- Position played
- Previous experience – previous team
- Fitness level
Once we have had a chance to review your details one of our management team will be in touch to set up a time for you and your child to meet the coach, the team, and attend a practice session. This response will not exceed 24 hours. Each player is invited to attend three practices with their respective teams and will be assessed by our coaches and provided with a thorough review of their skills, strengths, and areas for development. At that point players invited to join the academy will be placed on one of our competitive teams or as a development player.
Days and times vary for different age groups/teams and during indoor and outdoor seasons.
May – October (outdoor season)
During the outdoor season all training sessions take place in Burlington.
Locations for training May – Sept
- Palmer Park (Pearson High School, Burlington) – Mondays/Fridays
- Iroquois Park (Longmoor Drive, Burlington) Wednesdays
Location for training in Oct:
- Norton Community Park (Tim Debbie Dr., Burlington)– Mondays/Fridays
- City View Park (Kern Road and Dundas, Burlington) – Wednesdays
Robert Bateman High School, Maple Park (Maple Avenue, Burlington), City View Park, Norton Community Park
November – April (indoor season)
During the indoor season all training sessions take place in Burlington, Ancaster, and Hamilton.
- Norton Community Center
- Haber Recreation Center
- Alexander Public School (Sutton Drive, Burlington)
- John William Boich Public School (Sutton Drive, Burlington)
Hamilton Sports Complex (Stone Church Road E, Hamilton)
- Boys U8/U9- Monday/Friday
- Boys U10/U11/12 – Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- Boys U11/U12 Development – Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- Boys U13/14 Development – Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- Boys U13/U14 – Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- Boys U15/U16 – Monday/Wednesday/Friday
- Girls U12/U13- Monday/Wednesday/Friday
The Fall/Winter season starts at the beginning of November and runs until the end of March.
- Two sets of uniforms one for training sessions and one for games, these are purchased separately from the academy fees.
- Training – all players are required to wear black training shirt, black shorts and socks.
- Games – all players are required to wear the official Burlington Force Academy game strip with a crested orange shirt, white shorts and socks.
Please note that as per the policy and procedures, failure to wear your proper uniforms will lead to training and game suspensions.
- There is additional Burlington Force Academy club wear for both players and supporters through our uniform supplier Inaria.
- Shin guards covered with socks: All players must wear shin guards, covered with socks in order to be permitted on the pitch for any Burlington Force Academy directed programs.
- Indoor Shoes: these are required for the fall/winter indoor season.
- Cleats: Soccer cleats are required for all players at all Force Academy field events, including tryouts.
- All accessories such as jewelry, watches and glasses must be removed for all Force Academy practices and games.
- Sport glasses are permitted provided they are secured to the head with a strap. Any earrings that cannot be removed must be taped.
Bottle of water and kit bag
What to bring to the game day check list:
- Complete game uniform: orange crested Force Academy shirt, white shorts, white socks
- Shin guards
- Cleats or indoor shoes
- Plenty of water, regardless of the weather/indoor or outdoor play
- Sunscreen and insect repellent when playing outdoors
All soccer games are played in the rain. If it is raining please proceed to your game. Only Referees (for U7+) or field conveners can make a decision to cancel games at the field at game time. If fields are closed by the town or local authority, Force Academy will notify coaches and publish updates on TeamSnap.
Force Academy uses an app called TeamSnap where all of our teams are registered.
Once you have signed up for a team, you will be invited to join their TeamSnap group. The majority of our families also pay their fees through the TeamSnap app which is fully automated and completely secure.
- It is on TeamSnap that you will find all the information you need, including:
- Schedules – the full calendar is supplied including training and games, with the ability to confirm availability, link to a map, and leave a note
- Maps – TeamSnap will link to your smart phone’s map app
- Roster – with contact details for all players, parents, coaches, and management
- Messages – this includes team chat, emails, messages, and news
- Photos – you can post photos that you took of games and team building to share with your teammates